Jarvis Jackson is another artist whose work has not been appreciated as it should have been. He has a good voice, and the three tracks I’ve heard by him are definitely very listenable.
I found him on Sir Shambling’s, the best source, in my opinion, for obscure and underrated soul music.
Sir Shambling writes about Jarvis Jackson’s Something I Ain’t Never Had that “Jackson really cuts loose” over the song’s “wonderful guitar licks, and subdued organ.” And I totally agree with this assessment.
- Soul of the 60’s and 70’s: Sounds Of The Soul (Third Ed.)
- I’m sorry …
- Lee Dorsey — Tears, Tears, And More Tears
- Calvin Scott — I’ve Made A Reservation
- Lloyd and Glen — That Girl
- Time To Tune In To The Vintage Soul Radio Show …
- Otis Redding — Keep Your Arms Around Me
- The Village Soul Choir — The Cat Walk
- Blues on Thursday!
- Deepies on a Wednesday