Donnie Elbert was born May 25, 1935 in New Orleans. When he was three, his family rmoved to Buffalo, New York. And that’s where he learned to play guitar and piano. Donnie was heavily influenced by Clyde McPhatter from the Drifters, and in 1955 together with Danny Cannon, he founded the Vibraharps. Donnie played the guitar, wrote and arranged the songs, all the while singing in the background. After the release of their first single with him singing lead, he left the group in 1957 to pursue a solo career marked by frequent label changes.
- Soul of the 60’s and 70’s: Sounds Of The Soul (Third Ed.)
- I’m sorry …
- Lee Dorsey — Tears, Tears, And More Tears
- Calvin Scott — I’ve Made A Reservation
- Lloyd and Glen — That Girl
- Time To Tune In To The Vintage Soul Radio Show …
- Otis Redding — Keep Your Arms Around Me
- The Village Soul Choir — The Cat Walk
- Blues on Thursday!
- Deepies on a Wednesday