>Jimmy Helms is another American artist whose work was greatly appreciated in England while being neglected at home. In 1974 Gonna Make You An Offer You Can’t Refuse bestowed on him the breakthrough he had been waiting for so long. He cut his first single Ragtime Girl in 1963 and released another one in 1969 (If You Let Me), but they didn’t quite make it into the spotlight.
- Soul of the 60’s and 70’s: Sounds Of The Soul (Third Ed.)
- I’m sorry …
- Lee Dorsey — Tears, Tears, And More Tears
- Calvin Scott — I’ve Made A Reservation
- Lloyd and Glen — That Girl
- Time To Tune In To The Vintage Soul Radio Show …
- Otis Redding — Keep Your Arms Around Me
- The Village Soul Choir — The Cat Walk
- Blues on Thursday!
- Deepies on a Wednesday