Posted By Soultaker
Yesterday was Record Store Day and while I didn’t really pick up anything other than just some more sleeves for my 45’s, I did see something interesting. I notice the people in the store I go to were in a separate line for the RSD exclusives. It just makes me wonder do these people come to the store regularly or did they just come for these RSD exclusives. While I was in line paying for my 45 sleeves I looked over to the RSD line and notice that not many people had anything in their hands to pay for. The concept of Record Store Day is great as it helps to keep independent stores in business. On the flip side, I find that the people that come out for RSD are not regular customers but more like spectators that are just there for the freebies. I mean where are they when it’s not Record Store Day. There are not as much independent record stores around anymore and while the concept of RSD is good, people need to support these stores more than just one day a year.
Anyway, time for another serving of Soul as I dig through my treasure chest. This is a all 45 set today.
- I Found Out – Sam & Dave – Roulette
- Hey, Mr. DJ – Bobby Moore & The Rhythm Aces – Checker
- Don’t Destroy Me – Margie Hendrix – Sound Stage
- I Cross My Heart( And Hope To Die) – Joe Haywood – Front Page
- Real Live Living Hurtin’ Man – Johnny Adams – SSS International
- Yes, It’s You – Barbara Mason – National General Records
- I Forgot To Remember – Jerry Butler – Mercury
- We Got A Love No One Can Deny – Tyrone Davis – Dakar
- It’s All Over – Pearl Dowdell – Saadia
- Give Him Up – The Manhattans – Deluxe